Headache is one of the most common of human discomforts. In today's life headache is a usual feature. Most of the times a headache are more of a nagging nuisance than a pointer of a grave difficulty. But, in several cases the headache does warrant more grave attention as it can be the indicator of several significant difficulty.
Causes of Headache
Following are the main headache causes:
1. Due to allergy
2. Emotional strain and worry
3. Eye tension and poor eyesight
4. Due to high blood pressure or low blood sugar
5. Nutritional deficiency
6. Constipation or dehydration
8. Exposure to cold temperatures
Symptoms of Headache
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
1. Headache can be mild, moderate or severe ache that affects the whole head, a part of the head, forehead or the eyes.
3. Difficulty in sleeping
4. Loss of hunger
5. Feeling of uneasiness
Dos and don'ts
1. Easy cooked vegetables without oil, vegetable juices and soup, fruits like apple, mango, grapes and fruit juices should be taken in ample quantities. Rice, salad and buttermilk are also fine.
2. Several sweets and milk products can be taken moderately with little quantities of nuts.
3. Hot cow milk is extremely good to drink.
4. Keep away from fried foods, meat, sour and spicy foods and foods
5. Yogurt should be avoided, mainly at night.
6. Sufficient rest should be taken and exposure to cold, heat and rain should be avoided.
7. The natural urges (sneezing, passing stool and urine, hunger, thirst, sleep, breathing and yawning etc.) should not be suppressed.
8. The patient should also attempt to keep the mind free from nervousness, anger, mental tension and agonize
Natural Remedies for Headache
1. Combine a quarter teaspoon of clove powder in one teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Relate combination to the location of ache.
2. Combine 1 tablespoon of milk and half teaspoon of ginger powder and put one or Dosage; two drops in each nostril two times a day.
3. Enfold a wet cloth around the neck.
4. Oil massage on the scalp too relieves tension and headache. Sesame oil, almond oil, mustard oil or ghee (clarified butter) can be used for massage.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon of almond oil. When it cools down, put two drops in every nostril.
6. Watermelon juice mixed with sugar works well for headaches due to exposure to extreme heat.