A miscarriage is defined as the loss of pregnancy before the period of viability, which is considered to occur before 20 weeks. Miscarriages generally occur during the first two trimesters. It caused due to disturbances in the body.
There are several different causes of miscarriage, some of them being are as follows:
1. Chronic illnesses like diabetes, chronic respiratory, high blood pressure, kidney problem, lupus and underactive or overactive thyroid gland.
2. Any infections such as including acute infections, viral infection, mycoplasma (“walking” pneumonia) and other unusual germs.
3. Taking certaindrug during pregnancy like caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and cocaine can also cause of miscarriage.
4. Highh level of stress or emotional shock can also lead to miscarriage.
5. Problem in reproductive organ, genetic problem, abnormal embryo are other causes of miscarriage.
Some home remedies suggested to prevent miscarriages:
1. Take one teaspoonof fresh amla juice (Indian gooseberry) mixed with one teaspoon of honey every morning during the term of pregnancy to prevent the risk of a miscarriage.
2. Boil a teaspoonful of false unicorn herb in a half glass of water for five minutes then cool it and drink. This is one of the useful home remedies to prevent miscarriage.
3. Apply a cold compress to the internal portion of the thighs, the perineum, the vagina and the lumbar region during the first trimester of pregnancy.
4. Boil 1/4 teaspoon of ground bay leaf in a 1/2 cup of milk and after it cools off, drink it twice a day to help protect the foetus. One of the simple and effective home remedies for miscarriage.
4. Take one part of black haw, 3 parts of false Unicorn root and 1 part of Lobelia. Boil 3 oz herb in 1 1/2 quarts of water for 20 minutes. Drink 1 tablespoon with water at least 3-4 times daily.
5. Breathing exercise and some stretching exercise are effective for good pregnancy and preventing miscarriage.
6. Drink raspberry leaf tea during pregnacy can help to strengthens your uterine muscles and prevent miscarriage.
7. Reduce your stress level; follow a healthy and well-balanced diet are necessary to prevent miscarriages. Your diet should include nuts, seeds, whole grain, fresh vegetables and fruits.
8. Make a brew using foliage of safflower. This is one of useful in the prevention of miscarriage.