Before we proceed to miscarriage signs, let’s understand the causes of miscarriage. Miscarriage usually happens in the first trimester (12 weeks) of pregnancy with more than 90% of miscarriages happen within the first 8 weeks of pregnancy. It affects 10% to 20% of all confirmed pregnancies. Though most people believe it is a natural causes, experts have identified several known causes of miscarriage. They are:
1. Genetic factors and hormonal imbalances which affects the quality of the chromosomes, or the quality of the egg
2. The age of the mother-to-be (those who are over 35 have high tendencies)
3. Dependency on certain drugs or treatment such as dependency on insulin by diabetic patient.
4. Certain infections like Chlamydia or certain viruses
5. Systematic disorders, for instance lupus
6. The kind of lifestyles such as the level of alcohol, drugs or smoking consumption taken constantly.
So how do you know that you are having a miscarriage? Let’s identify the well-known miscarriage signs.
1. Having an abnormal vaginal bleeding just like a heavy period, this usually happen within the 6 weeks of pregnancy.
2. Having a cramp pelvic and back pain which increases from a mild pain to a severe pain as well as bleeding. The bleeding of fragment of tissue may occur as well. Normally the pain is worse than your usual menstrual period pain. This situation usually happens between 6 to 12 weeks of pregnancy.
3. Having an open cervix as well as bleeding and pain just like during the labor – this usually happen after the first trimester.
A sudden stop of pregnancy symptoms like nausea or morning sickness may not be the best indicator of miscarriage. This is because some mother-to-be will have these symptoms gradually disappear when they proceed into the second trimester.
If you have any of the above mentioned of miscarriages signs, the very first action you have to do is to consult your doctor. The doctor will perform some test like pelvic examination, blood test to determine HCG levels and the ultrasound test. From these test, a confirmation can be made.
Miscarriage leads to depression and grief. Spend more time with close friends and family members who care about you and give moral support to you. Always think positive and there is always be joy during pregnancy. There is nothing wrong if you want to cry as much as you want. That will help you to release such a big emotional burden out of you. Last but not least, always pray to strengthen your emotion, to be given a healthy body and no more miscarriage signs in the future.